Fresh Fruit 'n Spice Chili
This flavorful, no-cook, vegan chili is sure to satisfy even discerning palates!
- 2 large, ripe peaches or 1 large ripe mango, peeled, pitted and coarsely chopped (or 2 scant cups frozen peach slices or mango cubes, thawed)
- 1/2 - 1 small jalapeno pepper, seeded and quartered (use less for less heat)
- 2-3 garlic cloves, crushed, to taste
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 scant teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 15-ounce can black beans, no added salt, drained and rinsed
- 1 15-ounce can red beans, no added salt, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup frozen organic sweet corn, thawed
- 4 medium heirloom tomatoes, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onion (or 3 tablespoons finely chopped chives), optional
- 1 Hass avocado, peeled seeded and finely chopped
- Combine all the dressing ingredients from the fruit through the coriander in an immersion blender or food processor. Blend until very smooth, scraping down the sides as necessary.
- Adjust seasonings, if necessary. It should taste a tiny bit on the salty side. Set aside. In a large mixing bowl, combine all the chili ingredients from the beans through the chives, if using, and toss gently to combine. Add the dressing to taste and gently mix everything to coat generously.
- Fold in the avocados to serve or hold the avo and refrigerate for up to 3 days. Flavors are best when chili is served at room temperature or gently warmed.